The purpose of the assignment is to research, analyze and evaluate current academic, research-based articles from credible, peer-reviewed journals in this discipline.
- Use the ERIC or ProQuest links below to access at least one current article on two of the following topics: Reggio Emilia Approach, Project Approach, Interaction Approach. The articles should be an actual study/research: https://search.proquest.com/central/advanced?accountid=34574 or https://eric.ed.gov/?advanced
- Write a summary paper addressing the following points/questions. Be sure to answer all questions of each bullet point. There should be three sections, one for each part below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for each research study, include a cover page and reference page.
- Summarize each of the articles by addressing the following for each study. Repeat this sequence for each article.
What question/hypothesis was the researcher trying to answer or investigate?
Explain how the study was designed
What was the sample size?
What were the variables?
How did the researcher gather data in the study?
What was the conclusion/results of the study?
- Analyze and Evaluate each study to determine credibility or usefulness. Repeat this sequence for each article.
What biases could exist in the sample selection?
What potential ethical issues exist in this study?
Would you use the study if you were writing a research report on the topic? Explain why or why not.
- Explain how the results affect working with children based on these approaches.
- Your essay should be 1250-1500 words and should include APA in-text citations for your articles. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.