Explore how early intervention and prevention (EIP) programs positively impact communities, families and children (birth to 8 years) by critically analysing research and practice in the allocated area of vulnerability being DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. You will compare how two projects (first project link is provided below, second is an interview with a centre I will provide soon) influence communities’ capacities and families’ capabilities to support children’s (birth to 8 years) development, health and well-being.
To prepare for this assignment you will need to:
– Review the research and current practice related to “domestic violence” focus area of vulnerability;
– Use Siddiqi, Irwin and Hertzman’s TEAM-ECD framework (2007) as a framework for your review (I CAN PROIVDE THIS TEXT FOR YOU IF YOU CANT FIND IT ONLINE)
First you will need to critically analyse and compare the following: Very briefly describe the two early interventions.
1st intervention – Identify the ways in which domestic violence might influence children’s development, learning, health and well-being via this link:
Husso, M., Notko, M., Virkki, T., Holma, J., Laitila, A., & Siltala, H. (2020). Domestic Violence Interventions in Social and Health Care Settings: Challenges of Temporary Projects and Short-Term Solutions. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
– Critically analyse and compare the two interventions using Siddiqi, Irwin and Hertzman’s TEAM-ECD framework
SECOND Practice Project – Gathering Information about the Local Community Project (I WILL GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION FROM MY INTERVIEW)
AFTER YOUR INTERVIEW: transcribe (type-up) 30 minutes of the interview. If the interview was longer than 30 minutes only include excerpts of the interview equal to 30 minutes, for instance the questions you asked and the sections relevant to your analysis; critically analyse this information using your readings to help you analyse the salient points.
You should discuss the relevance of the sphere(s) of influence to the projects. For instance, how are the spheres of influence nurtured and strengthened by this project and/or how does the spheres of influence impact the project’s eﬀicacy?
– Evaluate the extent to which each project supports communities’, families’ and children’s capacities to amelio- rate the risk factors and nurture children’s learning, health and well-being.
– Compare the effectiveness, strengths and limitations of each project.
– Compare how each project engages ’hard to reach’ families and responds to the diversity of the community,
including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
– Use your text and a range of reputable international and national research as references to support your analysis
of the projects.
The post Explore how early intervention and prevention (EIP) programs positively impact communities, families and children (birth to 8 years) by critically analysing research and practice in the allocated area of vulnerability being DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. appeared first on Essay Hotline.