Database Optimization and Performance Tuning Paper
In this assignment, students will determine if the database performance can be improved by monitoring response times for frequently used queries, and if the queries were written correctly to produce the expected results.
In a 500- to 750-word document, address the following:
- Explain the phases and function of the query optimizer.
- Identify the tools to edit query optimizer strategies.
- Explain how performance of a database system is measured.
- Differentiate between response time and throughput.
- Explain how the physical design of a database influences performance tuning.
- Explain three ways queries can be altered to increase database performance.
- Present specific examples to illustrate how implementing each query alteration could optimize the database.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.